Welcome New Law Enforcement to Local 205!
Local 205 is pleased to welcome these brave men and women into the Union. Law enforcement employees work hard every day in order to protect our communities. The Union looks forward to working hard at representing and protecting them too.
Baldwin Borough Police Department
North Versailles Police Department
Cumberland Township Police Department
Washington Township Police Department
Green Tree Borough Police Department
Castle Shannon Police Department
Teamsters Legal Defense Fund
Heart and Lung Benefit
Your Protection at Work - Act 152 Heart and Lung
Act 193 of 1935, P.L. 477, 53 P.S. §637, et seq the Heart and Lung Act – Applies to law enforcement officers generally and Capitol Police Officers as it relates to the Department, who are injured at work.
Some facts about this legislation:
- An eligible employee is entitled to 100 percent of their normal (no overtime) weekly salary-tax free.
- An eligible employee does not have to use any sick leave to cover their absence once they have been injured in the line of duty.
- An eligible employee's Heart and Lung benefits may not be terminated without a due process hearing.
- Heart & Lung Act benefits are considered a 'property right' under the U.S. Constitution.
- An eligible employee may be required to file for workers' compensation benefits first. These benefits will be reimbursed to the employer paying the Heart and Lung Act benefits.
Source: Pa Department of Labor and Industry